First off: no spoilers!
Or at least not until I’ve seen the movie, which will be tonight. If you didn’t assume I’d be seeing #CaptainMarvel on opening night, you don’t know me very well.
Characters I’d love to see have cameos in CM, but are probably (almost definitely) not there:
- Clint Barton (Hawkeye) - because the world needs more Jeremy Renner in everything. And because (I think) it’s right about the time he would have been joining SHIELD.
- Peggy Carter - because the world needs more Hayley Atwell in everything. And because she would have been Director of SHIELD at that point in time, right?
- Melinda May - would have been a newish SHIELD agent then too, I believe.
- Bucky Barnes (Winter Soldier) - why not?
- Tony Stark (Iron Man) - he’s already been digitally de-aged once (in IW); they can do it again. Maybe a post-credits scene?
- James Rhodes (Rhodey) - it’s canon he would be in the Air Force at this point, so it’s almost a question why he wouldn’t be in CM.
- Hank Pym (Ant Man) - another why not? But mostly because I’d love to see…
- Janet van Dyne (Wasp) - the original kickass Avengers super-heroine.
- Who am I missing?
I just threw on some random clothes when I got dressed today, but somehow (unless I change in the next hour), it appears that I’ll be going to the theater cosplaying as Bucky Barnes.